Frequently Asked Questions

Q: What do the Rental Fees include? 

Renting Top of the Town for your event includes private use of the ballroom, outdoor terrace, lobbies, and a facilities manager. Unlike most other event sites, the fee includes chairs, tables, dance floor and parking. The typical rental period for Saturday and Sunday is 8 ½ hours (includes time for set-up and clean-up). The period of time can be extended in most cases. The rental fees do not include provisions for event planning, catering, alcohol, music, flowers, tenting, valet parking or rental equipment other than chairs, tables and dance floor. For your convenience, Top of the Town also offers Packages where Top of the Town helps you plan your event based on our extensive experience and according to your event budget. For those who wish to plan their own event, Top of the Town maintains a list of preferred caterers and other approved vendors.

Q: How do I see Top of the Town and check availability? 

Contact the Director of Sales ("Contact Us") to check availability and schedule a tour. To move the process along most efficiently, fill out the Contact Form under "Contact Us" and submit it before your tour.

Q: How do I book a date at Top of the Town for my event, and what is the payment schedule? 

To book Top of the Town for your event, contact the Director of Sales ("Contact Us"). At the signing of the contract (which guarantees your date), one-half (½) of the reception facility rental fee, and a refundable security deposit will be due. The remaining rental fees are due six months prior to your event date.

Q: What is the parking situation at Top of the Town for events? 

Top of the Town has its own parking lot which is included with rental of the space. A directional parking attendant is required for events over 90. A directional valet company must be selected from our approved list. Top of the Town is also accessible via Metro: five blocks south of the Rosslyn Metro Station (blue & orange lines), about a 10 minute walk.

Q: Can I bring the alcohol for my event to Top of the Town? 

Yes, but the alcohol must be served by the approved caterer handling the event. Providing alcohol this way can save you thousands of dollars.

Q: Can I have a wedding ceremony at Top of the Town? 

Yes. Contact the Director of Sales for details.

Q: May I have amplified music at my event? 

Yes. Top of the Town welcomes bands or DJs from our approved list to entertain your guests. Because our site is the penthouse above residential properties, we do not allow songs which encourage guests to jump in unison.

Q: What is the capacity of Top of the Town? 

By Arlington County regulation, the capacity is 180. Speak with the Director of Sales regarding capacities for different room configurations.

Q: Am I required to use a caterer from Top of the Town Preferred Caterer List? 

While Top of the Town highly recommends choosing your caterer from our Preferred Caterer List, we do allow other approved caterers. If you have already selected a caterer, please contact our Director of Sales to see if your caterer is approved. A catering company that has not worked at Top of the Town before must furnish the Director of Sales with a copy of its business license and insurance policy, and be interviewed by Top of the Town staff in order to determine whether the caterer may provide services at Top of the Town. Fees may apply.

Q: What hotels are near Top of the Town? 

Many Top of the Town clients may choose to hold rooms at The Virginian, the Hyatt, Le Mïridien, the Key Bridge Marriott, or the Residence Inn. To search for these and more hotels located near Top of the Town, visit the Arlington Convention and Tourism web site at

Q: What Churches are near Top of the Town?

Please see the PDF file: Churches in Arlington.